Directions & Contact
We are located on a single track lane approximately 12 minutes by car from Stroud. A handy landmark is the Lynch Knoll wind turbine – we are 300 yards west of it (towards Nympsfield) on the opposite side of the road. A taxi from the train station in Stroud will cost around £15. It is possible to reach us via public transport, but as we are on a single track lane the bus services are irregular. The number 35 bus runs from Stroud to Nympsfield twice daily but not at weekends. From Nympsfield it is a 15 minute walk to Thistledown. You can also take a bus (numerous services) from Stroud to Nailsworth (or Forest Green which is slightly closer) and walk from there – this walk takes around 45 minutes. The number 264 bus runs from Nailsworth to Nympsfield on a Tuesday and a Friday and you can ask to be dropped at Thistledown (on the right just after the wind turbine). Remember that if you arrive on foot, bicycle or public transport then there is a discount in the lower pastures – see Areas & Booking.
To see our location and get directions from Googlemaps, please visit this page. Our postal address can be found on the bottom left on any page on our website, in the footer bar.
From the M5 – J13
- Take A419 towards Stonehouse
- 1 mile to roundabout, take 3rd turning to Eastington
- 2 miles to mini-roundabout, 1st turning left towards Frocester
- Through Frocester to the top of Frocester Hill
- At the crossroads go straight over and turn left after 300 yards towards Nympsfield
- After 500 yards, at the staggered junction, cross straight over into Tinkley Lane, signposted towards Nailsworth
- After 1 mile turn left at the Thistledown sign
- If you reach the wind turbine you are 300 yards too far
From the M4 – J15
- Take the A419 to Cirencester
- Go around the Cirencester ring road and at the 4th roundabout take the exit for Stroud A419
- Continue along A419 until airfield on the left, at the roundabout take the first exit to Minchinhampton
- After 3 miles you’ll come to ‘Tom Long’s Post’, a crossroads in the centre of the common, turn left to Nailsworth
- You will head down a steep, windy hill and into Nailsworth – at the roundabout go straight over and up Spring Hill
- Go straight over 2 mini roundabouts, and the road will turn into a single track lane – Tinkley Lane – continue for 1.5 miles
- Thistledown is 300 yards after the windturbine on the right hand side
- If you reach Nympsfield you’ve gone 1 mile too far
Your message was successfully sent. Thank You!
An error occurred. Try again later.